Explore the gardens
During her lifetime, Beth Chatto OBE VMH won countless awards for her garden design. She exhibited and won Gold many times at one of the most well - known horticultural shows; the Chelsea Flower Show, and these gardens are her life’s work in plants.
Beth transformed desolate wasteland that was deemed unfit for fruit farming into a series of gardens. The landscape varied dramatically so that each garden within the garden has become an example of working with nature to find the right plants for the right place.
The internationally-renowned Beth Chatto’s Gardens are gardens for plant lovers, for individuals who are passionate about plants and gardens, and whilst not the biggest garden spreading just 7.5 acres, it is very unique and home to some of the most unusual plants.
With six individually themed Gardens, there is a lot to see and experience, the famous Gravel Garden, Woodland Garden, Scree Garden, Reflection Garden, Water Garden and Reservoir Garden.
Beth Chatto’s is unusual in that it has an extensive plant nursery attached, our plant collection exceeds 2000 varieties, making Beth Chatto’s probably the largest collection of home propagated plants in the area, and one of the most notable Nurseries in the UK.
Explore, discover more at Beth Chatto’s
- Gravel Garden ‘Renowned for its spectacular display of Drought Resistant Plants’
- Scree Garden ‘Fascinating display of easy alpines, and other smaller plants’
- Water Garden ‘Four large ponds surrounded by moisture loving plants’
- Woodland Garden ‘Shade loving bulbs, perennials and shrubs’
- Reservoir Garden ‘Open sunny area with informal planting’